Stories in the Media about The Kansas Guidebook for explorers
- Guidebook is love letter to Kansas
By Denise Neil
Originally published in The Wichita Eagle, November 24, 2005.
- Almost every day for two years, Marci Penner would wake up and decide which direction to drive. She'd head...
- Marci Knows Kansas(This link opens a new window.)
By Cheryl Unruh
Originally published in The Emporia Gazette, Nov. 22, 2005 and then on the Flyover People website.
- Winona, Clyde, Otis. Mankato, Milford, Minneola. Name any one of the 627 incorporated towns in this state and Marci Penner could respond,...
- Kansas guide
Editorial by John D. Montgomery
Originally published in the Hays Daily News, The (KS), Nov. 10, 2005
- A person might not be able to imagine that a guidebook for Kansas attractions could be an inch thick. But,...
- On the road again: Guidebook aimed at state's hot spots
By Stacie R. Sandall
Originally published in the Hays Daily News, The (KS), Nov. 7, 2005
- INMAN - She's traveled over 40,100 miles in two years and visited every incorporated town in the state. Marci Penner, Inman, wasn't trying to break any records...
- "Author took roads less traveled"
By Phil Anderson,
Originally published in the Topeka Capital-Journal
- Marci Penner, one of Kansas' leading promoters, has really done it this time,...
- "Guide Samples State's Best"
By Lou Ann Thomas
Originally published in the Topeka Capital-Journal, Sept. 19, 2005.
- If you enjoy exploring dirt roads, supporting small mom-and-pop grocery stores or finding the best slice of cherry pie...
- "New Kansas Guidebook Explores 'Every Corner and Cranny'"
By Nancy D. Borst
Originally published in abridged form in Kansas Traveler, Fall 2005.
- It took two years and 40,124 miles, but Marci Penner accomplished her goal in researching a new guidebook...