Current outside affiliations
Executive Director,Kansas Sampler Foundation
- Publications and positions
- Authored the 8 Wonders of Kansas Guidebook. The book has won gold from the North American Travel Journalists Association for Travel Guide.
- Authored the Kansas Guidebook for Explorers.
- Appointed co-chair of Governor's Rural Life Task Force
- Founded the Kansas Sampler Foundation with father, Mil Penner.
- 1990 - 1993
- Co-authored Kansas guidebooks with father, Mil Penner
- Kansas Weekend Guide
- Kansas Event Guide
- Kansas Weekend Guide II
- Elementary guidance counselor in and around the Philadelphia area.
- Received Masters degree in Counseling & Guidance from the University of Wisconsin.
- Received Bachelors degree in Radio, TV, Film from the University of Kansas.
- 2019 - Paul & Pat Phillips Award Distinguished Service to Geography from Kansas Geographic Alliance.
- 2018 - Literary Contribution Award from the Mountain Plains Library Association.
- 2018 - Leader of the Year for Tourism Development Award from the Huck Boyd National Institute for Rural Development
- 2016 KU Pioneer Award from the Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity
- 2007 - Leader of the Year for Tourism Development Award from the Huck Boyd National Institute for Rural Development
- 2005 - Grassroots Community Education Award from the UFM Community Learning Center, Manhattan
- 2005 - Distinguished Kansan of the Year from the Kansas Native Sons and Daughters
- 2005 - Momentous Achievement Award from Osborne County Tourism
- 2003 - Tourism Award of Merit for Individual Achievement from the KDOC State Travel and Tourism Division
- 2003 - Rural Leadership Award presented by the National Rural Economic Developers Association.
- 2002 - Brass Ring Award from Kinsley
- 2001 - U.S. Small Business Administration Plains Spirit of the Year award
- 2000 - Governor's Tourism Award presented by the Kansas Association of Broadcasters
- 1996 - TIAK (Travel Industry Association of Kansas) Distinguished Service Award